Google Android Development Agency SASS

Thursday 30 April 2009

A bit about me

Since I've had this blog for a little while now, without much background about me, I thought it might be worth sticking a post on to talk a bit about my background.

I've been working in software development for over 10 years, mostly based in and around Manchester and Cheshire.

I'm working these days as Senior Technical Architect at the Cheshire based agency SASS Digital.

I spend much of my time focusing on mobile development, notably iPhone development and Google Android development. We pioneered the Tub Thumper drum machine app on the Android platform, an app which was very successful and attracted interest from Google, HTC and T-Mobile. We're still working on Tub Thumper Pro, this will take advantage of the new audio API's of Android Cupcake so watch this space!

We've also recently been working on a top-secret audio app for the iPhone platform, I can't give away any details except to say that it's for a major client and once it's released should be awesome.

Prior to working here I was Technical Architect (amongst other things) at 3T Productions Ltd in Manchester, a sub-division of the mighty RM (Research Machines). I spent the best part of 10 years working at 3T, for huge clients such as the BBC, the DfES, Ofsted, Penguin Books and Harcourt publishing.

I gained a wealth of experience working in technologies such as ASP.NET and SQL Server and also with standards such as e-GIF and SCORM. Much of my work at 3T was e-learning based, an industry in which we broke new ground with every project.

In my spare time I play lots of guitar and record music, and spend a lot of time working on and driving rusty Citroens, such as my DS. There's a picture of my hotrod styled 2CV below.

My hotrod style 2CV

If you're interested, you can follow me on:

Twitter
Flickr

Enough about me anyway, back to the mobile development!

No comments:

Post a Comment